Sesamol powder Specifications
|Function:||Sesamol has been found to be an antioxidant that may prevent the spoilage of oils. It also may prevent the spoilage of oils by acting as an antifungal.|
|Application:||Sesame oil is used in Ayurvedic Medicine. It can be used in the synthesis of paroxetine.|
|Solubility:||Soluble in water, ethanol ,methyl alcohol|
|Storage Temp:||below 20°C|
|Color:||off-white to tan|
What is Sesamol powder?
Sesamol is a natural organic compound which is a component of sesame seeds and sesame oil. It is a white crystalline solid that is a derivative of phenol. It is sparingly soluble in water, but miscible with most oils. It can be produced by organic synthesis from heliotropine.
Sesamol powder uses?
Sesamol has been found to be an antioxidant that may prevent the spoilage of oils. It also may prevent the spoilage of oils by acting as an antifungal. Sesame oil is used in Ayurvedic Medicine. It can be used in the synthesis of paroxetine.
Sesamol powder benefits
- High in antioxidants
- Has strong anti-inflammatory properties
- Good for your heart
- May help control blood sugar
- May help treat arthritis
- May help heal wounds and burns
- May protect against UV rays
- May improve sleep quality.
- Topical application may relieve pain.
- May improve hair health.
Sesamol powder dosage
Acute toxicological effects were observed at 2000 mg/kg, while no adverse effects observed at 300 mg/kg. The effects of 2000 mg/kg were manifested as severe histopathological changes in all organs (femur, spleen, gastrointestine, lungs, heart, kidney, liver, stomach and brain) and excessive DNA strands breaks occurred in femoral bone marrow cells and splenocytes. A single dose of sesamol (2000 mg/kg, body weight) caused the death of two mice (out of three) within 2 h. Hence, sesamol is in GHS category 4 (>300–2000) with LD50 cut-off value of 500 mg/kg body weight. In contrast, this study is correlated with the obtained GHS category 4 and LD50 cut-off value 580 mg/kg body weight by ProTox. In conclusions, the present study has classified sesamol toxicity and assessed organ-wise acute oral toxicity of sesamol in female C57BL/6 mice. Therefore, these findings may be useful for the selection of dosages for further pre-clinical evaluation and potential drug developmental of sesamol.
Sesamol powder for sale(Where to Buy Sesamol powder)
Our company enjoys long term relationships with our clients because we focus on customer service and providing great products. If you are interested in our product, we are flexible with the customization of orders to suit your specific need and our quick lead time on orders guarantees you’ll have great tasting our product on-time. We also focus on value-added services. We are available for service questions and information to support your business.
We are an professional Sesamol powder supplier for several years, we supply products with competitive price, and our product is of the highest quality and undergoes strict, independent testing to ensure that it is safe for consumption around the world.
- Joo Yeon Kim, Dong Seong Choi and Mun Yhung Jung “Antiphoto-oxidative Activity of Sesamol in Methylene Blue- and Chlorophyll-Sensitized Photo-oxidation of Oil” J. Agric. Food Chem., 51 (11), 3460 -3465, 2003.
- Ohsawa, Toshiko. “Sesamol and sesaminol as antioxidants.” New Food Industry (1991), 33(6), 1-5.
- Wynn, James P.; Kendrick, Andrew; Ratledge, Colin. “Sesamol as an inhibitor of growth and lipid metabolism in Mucor circinelloides via its action on malic enzyme.” Lipids (1997), 32(6), 605-610.
- “A Closer Look at Ayurvedic Medicine”. Focus on Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Bethesda, Maryland: National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine(NCCAM), US National Institutes of Health (NIH). 12 (4). Fall 2005 – Winter 2006. Archived from the original on 2006-12-09.