Valerian Root Extract (8057-49-6) video
Valerian Root Extract powder Specifications
|Name:||Valerian Root Extract powder|
|Function:||Valerian root extractis most commonly used for sleep disorders, especially the inability to sleep (insomnia). Valerian is also used orally for anxiety and psychological stress.|
|Application:||Medicine is made from the root.|
|Solubility:||soluble in any proportion in water. Specific Gravity: 1.02-1.05 at 25°C. Refractive Index: 1.386-1.395 at 25°C.|
What is Valerian Root Extract powder?
Valeriana officinalis, commonly known as valerian, is an herb native to Asia and Europe. It is now also grown in the US, China and other countries.Flowers from the valerian plant were used to make perfume centuries ago, and the root portion has been used in traditional medicine for at least 2,000 years.Unlike its delicately scented flowers, valerian root has a very strong, earthy odor due to the volatile oils and other compounds responsible for its sedative effects.
Interestingly, the name “valerian” is derived from the Latin verb valere, which means “to be strong” or “to be healthy.” Valerian root extract is available as a supplement in capsule or liquid form. It can also be consumed as a tea.
Valerian Root Extract powderuses
Valerian is an herb. It is native to Europe and parts of Asia but also grows in North America. Medicine is made from the root.
Valerian Root Extract powder is most commonly used for sleep disorders, especially the inability to sleep (insomnia). Valerian is also used orally for anxiety and psychological stress, but there is limited scientific research to support these uses.
In manufacturing, the extracts and oil made from valerian are used as flavoring in foods and beverages.
Valerian Root Extract powder benefits
Insomnia: The most popular use of this versatile herb is, without doubt, as a sleep aid. In large enough quantities GABA can cause a sedative effect – Valerian root has been shown to increase GABA levels in the brain which can in turn not only reduce the amount of time taken to fall asleep, it can also improve the quality of sleep too.
Anxiety: The aforementioned GABA also helps to calm anxiety with its regulation of nerve cells. The valerenic acid and valerenol contained in the Valerian root act as anti-anxiety agents, stabilising the central nervous system.
Pain Relief: Valerian appears to work directly on the nervous system as a natural pain reliever. In addition to this, the essential oil increased the effectiveness of aspirin.
Muscle Relaxant: Naturally sedative and antispasmodic, Valerian root acts as a powerful muscle relaxant and can be especially helpful in easing menstrual cramps. It can effectively calm the severe uterine muscle contractions experienced by some women during menstruation.
Heart Health: Extensive studies have found that GABA also regulates blood pressure. Properly regulated blood pressure has a direct positive impact on the health of the heart, with high blood pressure increasing the risk of a heart attack or stroke..
Valerian Essential Oil: Valerian essential oil is most famously used to combat insomnia and treat other sleep related disorders. It is thought that the active components of Valerian coordinate an ideal release of hormones and balance the body’s cycles to stimulate restful, undisturbed sleep.
Valerian Root Extract powderdosage
The following doses have been studied in scientific research:
- For inability to sleep (insomnia):
- 400-900 mg valerian extract before bedtime for as long as 6 weeks, or
- 120 mg of valerian extract, with 80 mg of lemon balm extract before bedtime for up to 30 days, or
- 374-500 mg of valerian extract plus 83.8-120 mg of hops extract before bedtime for 2-4 weeks, or
- 300 mg of valerian extract, 80 mg of passionflower extract, and 30 mg of hops extract before bedtime for up to two weeks.
- Take valerian 30 minutes to 2 hours before bedtime.
- For menopausal symptoms: : 225 mg of ground valerian root has been taken three times daily for 8 weeks. Also, 530 mg of valerian root extract has been taken twice daily for 8 weeks.
Valerian Root Extract powderfor sale(Where to Buy Valerian Root Extract powder )
Our company enjoys long term relationships with our clients because we focus on customer service and providing great products. If you are interested in our product, we are flexible with the customization of orders to suit your specific need and our quick lead time on orders guarantees you’ll have great tasting our product on-time. We also focus on value-added services. We are available for service questions and information to support your business.
We are an professional Green tea extract powder supplier for several years, we supply products with competitive price, and our product is of the highest quality and undergoes strict, independent testing to ensure that it is safe for consumption around the world.
- Valeriana officinalis Root Extract Modulates Cortical Excitatory Circuits in Humans.Mineo L et al. Neuropsychobiology. (2017)
- Valerian for sleep: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Bent S et al. Am J Med. (2006)
- The effect of Valerian root extract on the severity of pre menstrual syndrome symptoms.Behboodi Moghadam Z et al. J Tradit Complement Med. (2016)
- Valerian extract alters functional brain connectivity: A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial.Roh D, Jung JH, Yoon KH, Lee CH, Kang LY, Lee SK, Shin K, Kim DH.Phytother Res. 2019 Apr;33(4):939-948. doi: 10.1002/ptr.6286. Epub 2019 Jan 10.
- Analgesic Effect of Valerian Root and Turnip Extracts.Zare A, Khaksar Z, Sobhani Z, Amini M.World J Plast Surg. 2018 Sep;7(3):345-350. doi: 10.29252/wjps.7.3.345.