Lutein ester Powder video
Lutein ester powder Specifications
|Name:||Lutein ester powder|
|Function:||Lutein increases pigment optical density and functions as a filter in your eye — protecting the tissues from sunlight damage. It is one of the carotenoids in your eye responsible for producing the color in your retina. It also functions as an antioxidant — reducing free radicals that can cause cell damage within your eyes.|
|Application:||Novopure lutein esters is used in the form of tablets, hard gelatin capsules or soft gelatin capsules and in most cases blended with other ingredients. It can also be blended with vitamins and nutritional supplements, raw foods, fortified foods, topical applications and other lutein applications.|
|Solubility:||Insoluble in water and soluble in hexane. A solution in n-hexane shows an absorption maximum at about 444 nm.|
|Storage Temp:||-20 °C|
What isLutein ester powder?
Lutein is a carotenoid, which is a vitamin that comes from plants — it functions as an essential nutrient and antioxidant in our bodies. Antioxidants reduce the number of free radicals in our system that can cause cell damage and disease.Lutein esters from Tagetes erecta L. is a purified extract derived from the dried petals of yellow marigold flowers with organic solvents. It contains, as a major component, lutein esters of which helenien (lutein dipalmitate) accounts for the major part. A smaller proportion of zeaxanthin esters is also present. Helenien (β,ε-carotene-3,3′-diol dipalmitate) is member of a group of pigments known as xanthophylls and have no provitamin A activity.
You may hear lutein called “the eye vitamin” because it’s proven to help prevent diseases like age-related macular degeneration, or AMD. It functions as a macular pigment and helps your eyes naturally defend against rays from the sun and artificial light.
Lutein ester powder uses
- Technological function
Lutein esters are intended for use as a colouring agent and a nutrient supplement.
- Food categories and use levels
Lutein esters is used as a colouring agent in foods such as baked goods and baking mixes, beverages andbeverage bases, breakfast cereals, chewing gum, dairy product analogues, egg products, fats and oils, frozen dairy desserts and mixes, gravies and sauces, hard candy, infant and toddler foods (other than infant formula), milk products, processed fruits and fruit juices, soft candy, and soups and soup mixes. The intended food uses and use levels (2.0 –330 mg/kg) are presented in Appendix 2.
Lutein ester powder benefits
Novopure Lutein Esters is a rich and safe source of lutein to the human body. Lutein supplementation is necessary for the human body because the human body does not produce lutein and its intake is through dietary sources only. Health benefits of lutein supplementation as indicated by studies are given below:
- It improves eye function and slows progression of Age related Macular Degeneration (AMD), cataract and glaucoma
- As a carotenoid, a powerful group of antioxidants, lutein quenches free radicals and guards against irregular cell growth resulting in degenerative diseases, including cancer and filters uv light to protect the eye and skin from harmful damage,
- Improves cell health by protecting against colon cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer
- Improves cardio vascular health by protecting against atherosclerosis
- Improves skin health by protecting against skin lesions and skin cancer
Lutein ester powder Dosage
The following doses have been studied in scientific research:
For an eye disease that leads to vision loss in older adults (age-related macular degeneration or AMD): For preventing AMD, about 6-12 mg of lutein daily, either through diet or supplementation has been used. For reducing symptoms of AMD, 10-20 mg daily has been used. For reducing symptoms, 10-12 mg of lutein daily has been used.
For cataracts: For preventing cataracts, about 6-12 mg of lutein daily, either through diet or supplementation has been used. For reducing symptoms, 15 mg of lutein three times weekly or 10 mg of lutein plus 2 mg of zeaxanthin daily has been used.
There is 44 mg of lutein per cup of cooked kale, 26 mg per cup of cooked spinach, and 3 mg per cup of broccoli.
5.Lutein ester powder for sale(Where to Buy Lutein ester powder)
Our company enjoys long term relationships with our clients because we focus on customer service and providing great products. If you are interested in our product, we are flexible with the customization of orders to suit your specific need and our quick lead time on orders guarantees you’ll have great tasting our product on-time. We also focus on value-added services. We are available for service questions and information to support your business.
We are an professional Green tea extract powder supplier for several years, we supply products with competitive price, and our product is of the highest quality and undergoes strict, independent testing to ensure that it is safe for consumption around the world.
- 1.Khachik, F.; Steck, A.; Pfander, H. (1999) Isolation and structural elucidation of(13Z,13’Z,3R,3’R,6’R)- lutein esters from Marigold flowers, kale, and human plasma. J AgricFood Chem 47:455-481.
- 2.Alam, A.U.; Crouch, J.R.; Creger, C.R. (1968) Fatty acid composition of Xanthophyll esters of Tagetes erecta petals. Lipids 3: 184-184.
- 3.Composition of Lutein Ester Regioisomers in Marigold Flower, Dietary Supplement, and Herbal Tea.Abdel-Aal el-SM et al. J Agric Food Chem. (2015)
- 4.Determination of Lutein and Zeaxanthin Esters and Their Geometric Isomers in Carotenoid EsterConcentrates Used as Ingredients in Nutritional Supplements: Validation of a Combined Spectrophotometric-HPLC Method.Lombeida WO et al. J AOAC Int. (2016)
- 5.Lutein ester profile in wheat and tritordeum can be modulated by temperature: Evidences for regioselectivity and fatty acid preferential of enzymes encoded by genes on chromosomes 7D and 7H<sup>ch</sup>.Mattera MG et al. Food Chem. (2017)